The Job Description is the foundation document in the recruitment process. It is really useful to ensure you have considered all aspects of the work you are looking to delegate to your new employee. The recruitment process is costly so you need to ensure you get the right recruit for the position in your company. That means planning … in this video we focus on the Rainmaker Role. Recruiting the right sales team that delivers is essential to business growth
Watch the video for background information about Job Descriptions, feel free to request the templates firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to share.
1. Consider all aspects of the job that you would like your ideal candidate to deliver.
2. Use the Job Analysis template to structure the tasks into four key activities
3. Consider whether the key activities match the purpose of the job
4. Does the Job Title reflect the essence of the work?
5. Translate the Job Analysis into a Job Description considering work objectives if appropriate and reporting responsibilities
Please share your experiences with this model in the comments below. I am building a portfolio of small business case studies and would love to include examples of what has worked well for you.
PS – If you need further help then give me a call on 07962 626604 to arrange a Skype session with me.
PPS – This exercise forms part of a series of workshops on Consistent Sales Success