Harding’s Portal Projects
Big ticket sales or clients with a high lifetime value will often have a long lead time before purchase. More so if you are a new player in the market place, as you won’t have built a trusted reputation. Ford Harding in his book Cross Selling for Success introduces the portal project, a small low-cost and stand alone service that gets you in the door to sort out a specific issue. Once you are inside you look out for opportunities to continue to build your network.
Watch the video for background information about Portal Projects, feel free to request the templates email@example.com. I am happy to share.
1. Recognise what makes a Portal Project attractive.
2. Plot where you have products or services that could act as a portal project
3. Brainstorm other opportunities to create a Portal Project
4. Work out what your customer life time value is
5. Assess whether the cost of the Portal Project is a good return on marketing investment
Please do share your experiences with these models in the comments below. I am building a portfolio of small business case studies and would love to include examples of what has worked well for you.
PS – If you need further help then give me a call on 07962 626604 to arrange a Skype session with me.
PPS – This exercise forms part of a series of workshops on Consistent Sales Success