Many businesses attempt to create an empowered organisation because it improves delegation, employee satisfaction and productivity but often the planned ’empowered culture’ fails because leaders don’t take into account the impact in each of the 8 elements that Jones and Bearley identified in their research on Empowerment Dimensions.
Watch the video for background information about Jones & Bearley’s Empowerment Dimensions, feel free to request the templates email@example.com. I am happy to share.
1. Recognise Jones & Bearley’s eight elements involved in empowering your workforce
2. Map on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being fab your view on how empowered you feel your leadership team feels in each of the 8 dimensions
3. Map on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being fab your view on how empowered you feel your employees feel in each of the 8 dimensions
4. Note the differences. The lower the score on the scale the bigger the opportunity to make changes to organisational values, behaviours and reporting structures, the bigger the gap in perception may require a change in communication, training and management.
5. Compare your perception to that of your staff, using Jones & Bearley’s Empowerment Dimensions Profile Survey
Please do share your experiences with these models in the comments below. I am building a portfolio of small business case studies and would love to include examples of what has worked well for you.
PS – If you need further help then give me a call on 07962 626604 to arrange a Skype session with me.
PPS – This exercise forms part of a series of workshops on Terrific Teams