With Thanks! (Discover Prompts #29 – Lists)
I’m a bit stymied with this prompt, having written two posts about lists already during the Discover Prompts challenge; MUSIC, NOTES . These have been the two most viewed posts throughout this month. Then I remembered that I promised Anish Nair I would respond to the award post that he nominated me for. There’s a list of questions and a list of answers, and moreover a list of bloggers I would like to thank this month for making a comment on one or more of my posts. Thank you.
I’d also like to thank ALL the bloggers I’ve met this April. I didn’t know what to expect when I started; I do hope to continue reading your posts and developing a friendship with you.
And so; to respond to Anish …
I have been nominated for my first award – The Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award. A huge thanks to my fellow blogger Anish Nair for nominating me. Do check out his blog for his inspired poetry and show your support with a like or comment!
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers.
- Follow Vincent Ehindero at vincentehindero.wordpress.com (to qualify for a free blog promotion and shoutout) and more blogging opportunities.
My Answers to Anish Nair’s Questions
- Q. If you could recommend me one book, which one would it be and why? Gosh – just one? I think it has to be Just Listen by Mark Goulston. He illustrates just how you can get people talking by being on their side. Some really great tips.
- Q. How Do You Handle People You Don’t Like? I tend to avoid people I don’t like, but if I can’t then I treat them the same as I would my true friends.
- Q. Do You Believe In The Paranormal And Would You Go Ghost Hunting? I like that there are unexplainable things. I saw a UFO many years ago. I’m not saying it was a spaceship but it was definitely unlike I have anything I have seen before.
- Q. If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do today? Write a list? No! It would depend on the time of day and the weather, but dancing naked in the garden to my favourite music sounds like it might be fun.
- Q. Who takes the majority of your photos? Pexels.com!
- Q. What one thing do you really want but can’t afford? World peace.
- Q. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far? I started blogging in 2007, my challenge is that I don’t know what to say most of the time.
- Q. How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza? Absolutely; ham, cheese, mushroom, and pineapple! I may even put some red peppers too.
- Q. What’s the last song you listened to? Michael Buble’s Crazy Love. It was last night. Tuesday is dance night (currently taking place in the front room with the furniture moved back).
- Q. If you could give yourself a tagline, what would it be? Laura McHarrie; she loves to listen! Don’t interrupt her.
My Nominations are:
- Thoughts of Venus
- Wind Kisses
- Jeevanjot Ghuman
- Zoe’s Visual Research Journal
- Blogging about STEM
- The Britichy One
- The Passionate Momma
My Get to Know You Questions are:
- What is top on your bucket list?
- Of all the clothes you have, what is your favourite piece?
- Tent or CamperVan?
- What can you see outside your bedroom window?
- What was the last thing you cooked?
- Name three things you can’t live without?
- What is your pet peeve at the moment?
- How often do you see your friends from school?
- Did or do you have an imaginary friend?
- Your favourite flower?
PS. I was planning to write my ‘Thank You’ note tomorrow. 🤣