Good succession planning isn’t just about considering your exit strategy, but beginning with your end in mind is a good place to start. Who do you need in the business to ensure a perfect handover for future growth.
You can request the Succession Planning Exercise here: firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to share
1. Familiarise self with Shatrunjay Krishna’s Step by Step guide to choosing the right successor.
2. Consider the employees in your business. Recognise which employees fit into the template below
3. Plan how you might further develop the greens
4. Decide how you might engage the golds
5. Discuss how you manage the reds
Please do share your experiences with this model in the comments below. I am building a portfolio of small business case studies and would love to include examples of what has worked well for you.
PS – If you need further help then give me a call on 07962 626604 to arrange a Skype session with me.