How Far has your Bottle Gone?
No doubt (at all) that you set out some objectives for your business this year. You popped them in a proverbial bottle and sent them sailing. How far have they got? We are almost half way through the financial year … can you remember what you stuffed inside that bottle?
Maybe, now is as good a time as any to get a progress check and reiterate some short term objectives for the rest of the year. I’ve highlighted the word short. One of my recent key learnings is how important short term goals are to motivation. I had forgotten this. Whilst a great vision may inspire many in the corporate arena, for most micro-businesses, small quick and regular wins are so much more important to keep the momentum flowing.
This means; whatever you set out to achieve in April is what can be done realistically by the end of September. And therefore reviewed in September. And then … new and clearer objectives can set for the following six months will be reviewed at the end of March …
And so on … of course.
If you have a business buddy or mentor or advisor or accountant, then this is a perfect time to plan your measurable objectives and your review dates.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
Published by TheHiddenEdge
I love words - they communicate so much or so little depending on how you use them. Come and explore my thoughts with me in this, my learning journal. View all posts by TheHiddenEdge
- Kiss! (Monday #Limerick #60) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2022/01/20/kis… via @TheHiddenEdge 6 days ago
- Clutter - (@LindaGHill's One-Liner Wednesday) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2022/01/12/clu… via @TheHiddenEdge 2 weeks ago
- Burned - (@RonovanWrites Weekly Haiku Prompt #391) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2022/01/04/bur… via @TheHiddenEdge 3 weeks ago
- I'm Back (Monday #Limerick #58) with thanks to Esther Chilton's weekly prompt ... thehiddenedge.co.uk/2022/01/03/im-… via @TheHiddenEdge 3 weeks ago
- Sodden - (Weekly Haiku Prompt #389) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2021/12/20/sod… via @TheHiddenEdge 1 month ago