Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Motivation underpins the notion of employee engagement but employee engagement isn’t just about staff satisfaction instead, it measures employee enthusiasm and commitment to their work and the workplace. In this video we start with a quick look at Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, then map Gallup’s 12 key questions onto Maslow’s model of motivation.
Watch the video for background information about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, feel free to request the templates firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to share.
1. Recognise Maslow’s five levels of motivation
2. Calculate the percentage improvement to your business on productivity, and minus the rework percentage.
3. Calculate the number of people engaged in your business versus those who are actively disrupting your business. If you are a small business … you are likely to be able to name those disruptive employees
4. Consider how well you engage your staff with 15 questions based on the Gallup 12 key questions
5. Plan how you might improve employee engagement in your business
Please do share your experiences with these models in the comments below. I am building a portfolio of small business case studies and would love to include examples of what has worked well for you.
PS – If you need further help then give me a call on 07962 626604 to arrange a Skype session with me.
PPS – This exercise forms part of a series of workshops on Terrific Teams