Get the Message Across – promotional material
The lords prayer has around 100 words, the declaration of independence around 300 and a recent article on the pricing of cabbage boasted some 29k words. WOW!
Nowadays your potential clients are subject to information overload. Unless your message stands out it is going to be lost. So… always work on the 90% of the hidden marketing iceberg before you start to think about your promoting.
That is your market research, your positioning and your unique selling propositions. How the product, price, place and promotional stance binds together is integral to the final decision making process.
Start with the end in mind. what do you want your words to achieve? Ultimately it has to get someone to do something whether it is physically or mentally. Make sure that you can track the responses you are getting to ensure you are getting a return on investment.
Creativity is the life blood of promotion. A lack of creativity will result in a lack of response. It will need to be different and striking to ensure that it is noticed.
It ain’t what you say – it’s the way that you say it. Use different but appropriate fonts. Fonts that replicate your diction …
Identify target response not just a target audience – think about what is it you want your targets to do. The more people get into the advert the more they get out of it. Ensure you engage with your audience
Media should be at the centre of the decision not at the end. In whatever medium you choose to place your advert needs to be the lifestyle choice of your target client.
Find a truth and make it matter. What is it that is special about your business to your customer? Tell them why it is important, make it credible and people will believe it.
The best advert has a single minded idea. Those who get it; get it 100% are your clients – those who don’t get it, are not.
Be different. look like you are someone interesting and worthwhile talking to. If everyone is zig then … be zag.
Consistency is key to success. Whatever branding you have created ensure it is replicated throughout every piece of promotional literature.
Keep your finger on the pulse. What is it that does it for your customers? Don’t patronise, mislead or stereotype.
In summary, answer these questions:
- what is your product or service, who is the target audience, what is the name of the offer?
- what insight do you have about the audience that will want this product or service?
- what are the rational benefits?
- what are the relevant features that deliver the above benefits?
- what is the single minded proposition that will make this audience want to buy?
- what brand image do you want to convey?
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
Published by TheHiddenEdge
I love words - they communicate so much and so little depending on how you use them. Come and explore my thoughts with me in this, my learning journal. View all posts by TheHiddenEdge
- Lovely to hear #LilyEbert on @theJeremyVine show this afternoon. I wrote a short poem about her wonderful story la… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Viridity - (@ColleenChesebro #Tanka Tuesday Challenge 234) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2021/07/13/vir… via @TheHiddenEdge 2 months ago
- Remembered - (@ColleenChesebro's #TankaTuesday #232) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2021/06/30/rem… via @TheHiddenEdge 2 months ago
- Just One Step - (#Tanka Tuesday#225 with @ColleenChesebro) Do join if if you'd like? thehiddenedge.co.uk/2021/05/12/jus… 4 months ago
- Ode to the Sunflower - (@ColleenChesebro's #Tanka Tuesday #Challenge #223) thehiddenedge.co.uk/2021/04/29/ode… 4 months ago