High Touch Relationships
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and so what better time to consider how we build, develop and maintain the important relationships in our lives. Whether these are business or personal relationships, it seems that some people are just so much better at it than others.
Not a natural networker? Me neither!
Yep; believe it or not; I am the shy retiring type. One who is more than happy to analyse data in preference to standing up and presenting in front of a crowd. Yet, I have been networking professionally (meaning I get paid to do this) for over six years now.
I’d like to share with you my top five tips for building high touch relationships:
1. Focus your complete attention on the person you are talking to. Repeat their name; be interested in what they do and find out whom, and what you have in common. One high touch relationship is worth 20 speed networking contacts!
2. Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. Therefore, make lots of friends and forgive your enemies. Be grudge not and certainly not in public.
3. Be generous with your knowledge and expertise, even if you sell this for a living. Learn how to give feedback positively and correct not others in public.
4. Keep in touch. Remember the birthdays, anniversaries, and other special days of those who are special to you. Remember high days and holidays to all. Send useful pieces of information and ask how their projects are going.
5. Smile always; say thank you – and truly mean it.
PS -Linking to Paula’s Love Me February Prompts